1) At what times are classes held?
Most classes at the Lexis Centre are held from 9:00 a.m. till 2:00p.m. However classes are also held during the afternoon from 4:00 p.m., when it is necessary to accommodate the needs of students and of the Centre's schedule.
2) Can I attend regular courses all over the year?
The regular courses are offered only twice a year at the Lexis Centre and start in the third week of October and the third week of January, whereas the intensive courses are offered all year round.
3) Is it possible to attend an intensive course for more than 2, 3 or 4 weeks?
Although the intensive courses are organized usually for 2-4 weeks, it is possible to attend an intensive course for a longer period should the student so wish.
4) How fast can I learn the language?
This depends on the level you intend to reach. For example a beginner attending a two - week intensive course will be able, after completing the course, to read, write and communicate by using simple communicative structures.
5) I am completely beginner. How can I attend the courses if I don't understand the language at all?
All teachers of the Centre speak English and other foreign languages. Although the supporting language in class is English, when it is necessary during the lesson it is possible to use another foreign language as a supporting language.
6) Does the Lexis Centre close for a summer break?
The Lexis Centre is open and operates throughout the year in Chania except for two weeks for the Christmas holidays and two weeks for the Orthodox Easter holidays.